PRESS RELEASE RPIO Mimaropa
160 arrested in PRO MIMAROPA’s Accomplishment on Enhanced Managing Police Operations
Police Regional Office MIMAROPA under the stewardship of the new Regional Director, PCSUPT EMMANUEL LUIS D LICUP, the former Deputy Director for Directorate for Operations arrested 160 personalities out of the 100 operations conducted during the one day regionwide Enhanced Managing Police Operations (EMPO) formerly called “One-Time Big-Time Operations” or OTBT from 12:00 MN of January 25, 2018 to 12:00 MN of January 26, 2018 supervised by PSSUPT FERDINAND M GARAY, Deputy Regional Director for Operations. EMPO is a reinvigorated Crime prevention effort of the PNP using “deliberate, programmatic and sustained” police operations using crime analysis.
Of the 160 personalities arrested, 6 were Most Wanted Persons and 80 (out of 75 operations) were other Wanted Persons, 23 (out of 5 Operations) for Illegal Gambling, 3 (out of 5 operations) for Illegal Logging, 34 (out of 5 operations) for Illegal Fishing, 7 (out of 2 Operations) for Violation of RA 9165 (buy-bust), and 7 (out of 8 Operations) for Violation of 10591 (Service of Search Warrant).
The 6 Most Wanted Persons arrested were Most Wanted Persons of Municipal level namely:
1. Didal Langbay Puntas- Ranked number 3 MWP Municipal Level of Rizal Palawan with issued Warant of Arrest (WOA) for the crime of Rape (2 Counts);
2. Jerome A. Hugo- Ranked number 1 MWP Municipal Level of Roxas Palawan with issued WOA for the crime of Rape and Violation of section 10 (a) of RA 7610;
3. Bonnie casal Casia alias “Bennie” – Ranked number 3 MWP Municipal Level of Magsaysay, Palawan with issued WOA for Violation of RA 10654;
4. Dolphy Cabalda Archedera- Ranked number 10 MWP Municipal Level of Puerto Princesa City with issued WOA for Violation of section 77 of PD 705;
5. Elpidio Mascarinas Adoyo, Jr- Ranked number 9 MWP Municipal Level of Pinamalayan, Oriental Mindoro with issued WOA i for the crime of Arson; and
6. Mark Anthony Garcia Cusi- Ranked number 5 MWP Municipal Level of Calapan City with issued WOA for the crime of Qualified Theft.
While crimes committed by other wanted persons were rape, Violation of 9262, Violation of RA 7610, Attempted homicide, Violation of RA 10654, Grave Threats, Attempted Murder , Violation of PD 1602 and Qualified Theft.
Pieces of evidence recovered during the said operations were 3 short firearms, Caliber 38 and 22 revolvers and 45 pistol , several magazines and ammunition for Violation of 10591, 699 board feet of assorted sawn lumber with estimated market value of more or less Php 30,000.00 for Illegal Logging, several playing cards, paraphernalia and bet money amounting Php 1,835.00 for illegal gambling, 2 sachets of suspected shabu and illegal drugs paraphernalia for Violations of RA 9165 and several paraphernalia used in Illegal fishing activities.
Upon assumption of Office, PCSUPT LICUP directed all Provincial Directors to step up with their renewed efforts in the war against crime, illegal drugs and corruption. Further, he asked for the cooperation and support of every member of PRO MIMAROPA as he continue with the good work of the past leadership along the program thrusts set forth by the Chief, PNP.
Source Halcon Star Online, 2018-01-27 18:12:38